Far Infrared Sauna (FIR)
What is Far Infrared therapy (FIR) and what does it do?
Far Infrared Ray are waves of energy, totally invisible to the naked eye, capable of penetrating
deep into the human body, where they gently elevate the body's surface temperature and activate
major bodily functions.
How Does Far Infrared Heat work?
The human body is composed of 90% water. A layer of fat and oil exists just below the surface of the skin. The FAR infrared light resonates with the water molecules within these lipid or fat cells. This vigorous activation of the water molecule stimulates the fat cells to excrete toxins. These toxins will be released through the skin's sweat channels as a result of the high temperature from the sauna. As sweat and oil are secreted, the toxins dissolved in them are secreted as well. By excreting these toxins and then washing them off your body, the toxic load on the body is lowered and cellular health improves.
What are the Health Benefits of Far-Infrared Heat?
- Detoxification: The human body is a bio accumulator. This means that toxins within it that are not immediately expelled are stored within the cells. These toxins can accumulate and block circulation and cellular energy- resulting in physical pain and disease. FIR heat therapy may assist in removing mercury, lead, cadmium, cholesterol, industrial chemicals, nicotine, alcohol and other substances.
- Pain Management: Heat has been shown to reduce pain sensation by direct action on both free-nerve endings in tissue and on peripheral nerves. Studies show that FIR heat therapy is an effective treatment for chronic pain, arthritis and fibromyalgia.
- Skin Purification: It reduces the appearance of crow's feet, fine lines, and wrinkles. Heat therapy increases blood flow throughout the body's skin. This can greatly assist in the treatment of conditions such as psoriasis, eczema and scarring.
- Weight Loss: The passive cardiovascular conditioning of FIR heat therapy increases heart rate, metabolism and caloric burn. Studies show that FIR heat lowers blood sugar, cholesterol and triglyceride levels. During one session of thirty minute treatment, blood flow doubles and up to 300-600 calories are burnt up.
- Strengthens the Cardiovascular System by causing heart rate and cardiac output to increase, and diastolic blood pressure to decrease. Far Infrared Heat Therapy effectively helps to increase blood circulation without putting strain on your heart and increases the levels of oxygen and white blood cells in your blood.
- Stress relief: FIR heat therapy has a relaxing effect on the body’s motor neurological and circulatory systems that become overworked during times of stress. Studies show increased energy levels in chronic fatigue patients during and after FIR Sauna therapy.
- Strengthens the Immune System by stimulating increased production of white blood cells (leukocytes) in the bone marrow and killer T-cells in the thymus.